Meet Katherine Rodriguez, D.M.D.
Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontics
Dr. Katherine Rodriguez is a Board Certified Periodontist, who followed in the footsteps of her mother. Spending summer vacations and days off in her mother’s dental office ignited her chosen career path. A self-described perfectionist, Dr. Rodriguez is precise and fastidious saying, “a millimeter although a small measurement, makes a big difference.” Her attention to the smallest details in both the art and humanity of dentistry has earned the trust and respect of patients and colleagues.
“Doing treatment is my favorite part of the job. Nothing compares to being able to change a person’s life by fixing the problems with their smile.”
Driven and ambitious, Dr. Rodriguez graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University Of Puerto Rico School Of Dentistry, and has continued to build an impressive portfolio of educational and professional accomplishments. She holds a certificate for General Practice Residency from Miami Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center, and Jackson Memorial Hospital. She graduated from the Periodontology Program at Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine. Her extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease, as well as Implant Dentistry are integral to her success. With a focus on prevention, each patient receives a comprehensive diagnostic assessment. There are no generic protocols, each treatment plan is customized to fit the patient’s personalized needs and health goals.
“Our entire practice is patient focused. We share a belief that all patients should be treated the way we would like to be treated.”
Married to an architect, Dr. Rodriguez has a 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son. With a zest for life, she begins every day by saying “Today, is going to be a great day!” Away from the dental chair, she enjoys entertaining friends at home, wining and dining, and traveling.
Your Teeth Deserve Superior Care
Dr. Rodriguez offers a number of treatments that can keep your mouth healthy. Contact us today!
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Surgical Treatment of Periodontal Disease
- Laser Treatment of Periodontal Disease (LANAP, Periolase)
- Regenerative and Reconstructive Periodontal Plastic Surgery
- Gum grafts
- Gummy smile surgery
- Crown Lengthening
- Implant Dentistry
- Tooth extractions
- Impacted tooth exposure
- Bone Augmentation
- Preprosthetic Surgery
- Bone recontouring
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Bachelors of Science Pre-Med – The Pennsylvania State University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – University of Puerto Rico School of Dentistry
- GPR: Miami Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center and Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Periodontics Specialty – Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Board Certification – Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERHSIPS:
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Periodontology
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- South Florida Dental Association
- Greater Miami Dental Society
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Member of the International Team of Implantology (ITI)
Get to know Dr. Rodriguez:
Operating room style: Clean, organized, efficient.
Why did you become a dentist? It was the most familiar career choice, given I would spend all my summers at my mother’s dental office helping out
Favorite part of your job: Doing treatment.
Alternative occupation: Motherhood
Hobbies: cooking, buying wine, running, going to the gym
Place you go to escape the office: Equinox, Target, Nordstrom Rack
I start each day by: Saying to myself “Today, is going to be a great day!”
I’m never without: My cell phone
I would love to own: A beach house
What fascinates you most about the human body? The ability to heal
Beauty product everyone should own: Carmex lip balm
What one word best describes your bedside manner? Humorous
Favorite historical figure: Antoni Gaudi
Favorite quote: Good things come to those who wait.
Pro bono work: Dental treatment for cleaning ladies.